January 9, 2011

Joyful

This past weekend my husband and I took a much needed trip to Lubbock for some friends of ours wedding. While I say much needed, it has to be said that my heart literally ached for my babies the entire time I was gone. We have never been away from them, ever, and I had no idea it would be so hard for me emotionally. While we were there I was talking to another mom and she was saying even though her kids are basically grown she still cries when they leave. I know I'm going to be just like this...even when my kids are 30 years old, my heart is still going to ache for them. Being a mother is sort of an agonizing love. At least that's how I felt all weekend. My heart longed for them, and of course, there had to be a lot of sweet little babies there to remind me of how much I missed them.

The wedding was so beautiful. I may sound silly, but I've never really been involved in a big exciting event like that before, so it was really foreign to me. The ceremony was so perfect, and it felt so great to be a part of two people's lives coming together. This weekend made me so thankful for the wonderful marriage I have. I would never in a million years wish to be single again. I feel like single people are just sort of "wandering", if you will. I could be wrong, maybe marriage just doesn't interest some people- but I love it. Having someone who loves you unconditionally, someone who is on your team, in your corner...has your back- every single day of your life...for the rest of your life- that's amazing. During the reception they recognized the grandparents because it was their 51st wedding anniversary to the day. It was probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure this weekend I broke some sort of record for crying. I can only hope to be SO lucky to be with the love of my life for 51 years plus. One of my favorite parts of the evening was when I looked on the dance floor and saw the bride, groom, and both of their families dancing their hearts out and smiling like crazy. They were all so incredibly happy and joyful, it made me heart swell to see such a joyous event. Two families coming together to celebrate love.

It was really neat to meet so many people that have been in Teddy's life for much, much longer than I have. I think it was good for him to see them too. While he would probably never admit it, I know he misses a lot of them. Just from visiting Ruidoso and meeting a lot of people from there, they all seem like very good hearted, down to earth families. I really love that. Maybe that's why I love my husband so much, because he has that same spirit. I knew from the moment I met him that he was different than an other guy I had met before. I love him SO much, and I had the best weekend spending some very needed time together without any stresses or distractions.

Also, I finally was able to meet my best pen-pal. She and I have become very close over the past 6 months or so. The past 6 months of which, have been the hardest of my life. Little does she know that she is one of the people who have turned my day around with just a simple text message or a thoughtful comment. I am so thankful for the best girlfriends I have in my life. Sadly, half of them don't live in the same town as me or are in law school. Wink wink. It would be nice to have another couple that we loved so much to hang out with on a regular basis.

Will any of my posts be about anything besides mushy gushy raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Probably not. It seems these feelings are what provoke my blog writing in the first place. You'll just have to keep reading to find out.

Love,

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment