Resilient
1. Springing back, rebounding
2. Returning to original form after being bent, compressed, or stretched
3. Recovering readily from shock, illness, adversity, or hardship
Last year my family and I experienced without a doubt the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to us. While I don't want to go into detail about it...I would like to clear a few things up.
I don't want to give the impression by my posts that I am "smug" or that I think my life is perfect. It's not...nowhere near it. No ones is. Just because I wrote a few happy blog posts doesn't mean that I'm trying to make you think my life is something it isn't, just because I write about loving my husband doesn't mean we don't have our moments, and just because I write about loving my children doesn't mean I don't get tired of dirty diapers on occasion.
It seems I only like to write in here when I'm feeling a lot of emotion. Most of it comes from love for my husband and babies that I can seem to shake unless I write it out. After going through what we've gone through, and the tough year that 2010 was, I look at a lot of things with fresh eyes. Beforehand I would say I was a "glass half empty" kind of person, and now I'm looking at things with a "glass half full" perspective. I don't want to waste my time on negative emotions or small things that don't matter in the long run. I don't want to bore you with daily whining or complaining.
Why?
Because after going through such a painful time, I am overly the top grateful for everything in my life. The small things that use to get to me don't anymore, because I think of how much worse it could be. Call it cheesy, cliche, or whatever you will...but your whole life can change in the blink of an eye, and unfortunately I know this from experience.
I don't know why all of this happened, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure it out. I love my family and friends and I'm so thankful to God for getting us through all this. So thankful that I have no idea how to even begin to thank him for it...I find myself at a loss for words when I pray. A good friend of mine told me that when I pray I should do just that, tell him I can't find the words to express my gratitude...and if I listen, I'll know what to do.
Psalm 30: 11-12
11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Sweet dreams,
Amber
February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


: )
ReplyDeleteAm-Dawg I love you & your honesty!!!!!! You are such a good friend & I truly wish we lived closer again!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Glad you figured out the layout, I used to have this one LOL :) Love it!