December 17, 2010

Writing

I've actually had this blog for a long time, but I have never really written in it. I've written a few entries and deleted them. I decided to start writing, mainly because I'll have a little more time to get on here and write since I'm a stay at home mom now, but also because it's so thereputic. I am so excited to be able to say that. I am so lucky my husband works hard enough to allow me to be home with my kids.

I feel like since being home with them I'm not only a better mother, but a better person. Before I could stay with them I felt so many negative emotions- guilt for having to be away from them, burden for having to ask someone else to watch them while I was away, and sadness because I felt I was missing out on such a precious time with them.

Besides everything having to do with them, I've been able to keep the laundry going, the house clean, the dishes done. It feels so good to have our house clean every day. I really feel I thrive in discipline and routine. Instead of designating one day to clean everything, I try to pick up the entire house every morning when Ryker takes his first nap.

Our little family has been through a very trying time this past few months. I am so grateful for every friend and family member I was able to lean on for support...and will continue to do that. During that time I can honestly say them and God were the only reason I was able to survive. I read an amazing book called "Captivating" and I really feel like it changed my life. I grew up going to church, but got away from it for a while after I graduated high school. We are trying to find a good church home, but it's been a challenge trying to find a church that we both agree on. We've decided to visit a few different ones and see which one would be best. I'm thinking we will look at a few of the Baptist churches around this area. I really feel like every woman needs to read that book. It expressed so many feelings and thoughts that I could relate to.

My birthday was yesterday and I turned 24. I can't believe I'm getting so old...well, I guess it's really not THAT old- but still. My birthday was GREAT! I had so many sweet and thoughtful messages on my facebook wall, it really made me feel special. People I haven't talked to or seen in a long time actually took the time to tell me happy birthday...I thought that was pretty cool. My hubby took me to best buy to get my KEURIG!!! BEST PRESENT EVER! I am sooo happy! I am a BIG TIME coffee drinker now- and it was the perfect gift. I love it so much! He is the bomb.com. My grandparents gave me money, Sarah gave me 3 crosses to start my cross wall, Ashley gave me a Red Lobster gift card, and my Mom and Dad gave me a bag of pretty goodies...some earrings, a watch, chapstick, a ring, and two pretty beanies. The package was even wrapped in my favorite color...turquoise! I loved all of my gifts soooo much! :) I had no idea these people knew me SO well!

Christmas is next week and I've gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, just a few little things to pick up. I love the Holidays, it's fun staying busy, seeing family, not to mention the fantastic FOOD! :p Once it's over it will be the boring part of the year where not much is really going on. However, we are going to a wedding the end of January. Teddy's best friend from high school is getting married and he asked him to be a groomsman! How fun! I've gotten to know his fiance pretty well and she is a complete sweetheart. I'm so glad I know her now. I'm really looking forward to their wedding, it will just be a nice little weekend get away for the hubby and I.

I never heard this quote before until recently, but I love it. I think it really describes my life lately...

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched."

So true...

Amber

1 comment:

  1. omg so i just typed a huge long comment... nathan was logged in under google on my name.. i logged him out.. and bam my comment is gone :( anywayyyy, i was saying that i miss you! my parents might be moving back to dfw & if they do, get ready for visits! :) and im very happy for you that you get to stay home now... and a lil jealous ;) also, i have been bad about writing in my blog lately but im going to try to get better again. i basically treat it like aubrey's baby book :) it's easier to type on my blog than write in her baby book! I <3 you :)

    p.s. i was reading my old xanga the other day LOL lots of comments from you... backkkkk in the dayyyy!

    ReplyDelete