May 27, 2011

Retraction

I feel like I have a really big heart. You would think that this would be good, but I'm starting to think it's not. People don't care about that kind of thing anymore.

Well, my  heart has been hurt quite a few times lately. It seems like in the past few weeks I have been struck with the fact that a lot of people I make an effort with really don't care about me at all. I don't know if anything sucks more than finding out someone you are friends with...isn't really your friend. When I first got married and had Payton, I didn't do much or keep in touch with a lot of people because there weren't many friends my age who were going through the same thing I was. I retracted for a while and didn't reach out to anyone. In the past year, I've tried to change that. I've tried to make more friends who have kids and be more social. Have more girls nights, so on and so forth. I'm starting to think that was a mistake.

In trying to take the positive out of these situations, I realize that maybe I just be a little more thankful for those friends and family that are truly in my life because they love and care about me, my husband, and my kids. I am so tired of trying to please everyone all the time...because when I'm let down- I feel AWFUL and get really really SAD!

Point of the story is, I'm done trying and reaching out...if you care about me and want to be a part of my life then you have to make an effort too. If not, then I'm better off with out you. I have an AMAZING husband, WONDERFUL kids, and an AWESOME family. I really couldn't ask for more...so I'm going to stop wanting more. I have everything I need, and I'm so blessed that I can say that.

Sorry about the emo-ness,

Amber

1 comment:

  1. A one-sided relationship is never a fun thing to be a part of. Friendships are about TWO people & if only one person is involved, it just won't work! I'm sorry that you are going through that. I went through it too (especially after getting married/having Aubrey) & you will feel much better when you just put those one sided friendships off to the side. Your true friends will stay by your side!! <3

    P.S. I realize I'm a month late on this comment, so I'm sure you've worked this all out by now LOL

    ReplyDelete